Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man. ~Rabindranath Tagore
Have you ever noticed young children playing? Children are God’s little angels on Earth. Childhood is undoubtedly the most beautiful of life’s all ages. There are so many things which we can learn from these little angels. You don’t need to try all these at once. Pick one and then try it. See what difference it makes to your life.
- Be Carefree We grownups are wasting away our lives by taking undue stress. If only we could learn how to be carefree like a child, we would be living a much better life.
- Happy Children are always happy. They can be happy without any reason to be happy but we keep on postponing our happiness for future. Happiness is right here, right now. Happiness lies in small, precious moments that can bring a smile to your face.
- Innocence In their innocence, young children are all full of selfless love. They are innocent and love justice.
- Laughter A baby smiles 400 times a day and adolescent smiles only 17 times a day. But an adult hardly smiles. Big difference isn’t? People as they grow older, they seem to forget how to smile.
- Daring Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Children are adventurous and willing to take risks. A man who wants to be successful in life must remember that “Dare, and the world always yields: or, if it beat you sometimes, dare again, and it will succumb.”
- Be 100% Children give their 100% in whatever they do. The task might seem impossible but even that doesn’t stop them from giving their best shot. Failure doesn’t shatter them because they know that they have done the best they could.
- Live in Present Have you noticed how children always live in the present and enjoy every moment? As adults, we always keep fretting about the past or future. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Stretch your hand first Children play and fight. But they patch up immediately too. They don’t hold grudges. They value relations more than their ego.
- Selfless Whatever joy is there in this world, arises from wishing for others’ happiness. And who can teach us this better than children!
- Loving Unconditional love-that’s what we have to learn from a child. To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love. And a child will love everyone alike irrespective of caste, creed or religion. Adults create barriers while a child spreads the fragrance of love beyond all barriers.
Childhood never lasts but we can still retain some of the childlike qualities in us. Remember to be childlike but not childish. If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older!
© 2018 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved
While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about. ~Angela Schwindt