There are times when we feel too low and unhappy. Sometimes we feel blue for some reason but sometimes we become sad without any particular reason. Whatever it is but you need to get out of this unhappy state. Here are some simple ways to beat the blues and get back on track towards a happy and cheerful You:
- Write your thoughts in a diary or a journal.
- Call up your best friend and vent it out.
- Cook your favorite meal or go out to your favorite restaurant.
- Buy some fresh flowers for your home.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Listen to your favorite music. Better listen to some peppy music.
- Read a book.
- Take an afternoon nap.
- Splurge on something you wanted to buy.
- Watch some funny videos on youtube.
- Go out and do something.
- Play with kids.
- Go to your neighbourhood park and strike a conversation with someone.
- Drink coffee or invite a friend over for a cup of coffee.
- Go through old photographs.
- Watch a movie.
- Write a letter to a friend.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Make your bucket list.
- Stop complaining.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Play with your pet.
- Do laughter therapy.
- Dress up in your favorite clothes.
- Go for a new haircut.
There are endless things to do to get out of the blues. One thing may work for someone but the same thing may not work for you. It’s you who have to decide what makes you happy and brings you back to your usual self. It may be exercise for some but a quiet walk in the park for another. It may be a cup of coffee for some while a glass of wine for another.
The important thing is to be happy, no matter what. Life is too short to stay unhappy and sad. Don’t let circumstances or people affect you. Accept everything, every person, every situation and go with the flow. Whatever you do, just be happy and cheerful remembering that life is beautiful.
© 2018 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved