It’s been almost two years that I quit the job I loved so much. It was quite a difficult and emotional decision for me considering that I had been working for the organization for ten years. I didn’t have any other job at hand but sometimes peace of mind is more important than anything else. There comes a time in life when you have to finally let go. Two years have passed since and I have taken up another job too but that particular decision had a strong impact on my life. Quitting my job taught me some very important life lessons which I wouldn’t have learnt otherwise:
- I have always been a spendthrift. I used to be very reckless while spending. But after quitting the job, I realized the importance of saving and being careful with money. You need to build your emergency account because you never know when your company stops loving you.
- It’s always a wise move to build up a secondary source of passive income. It could be your investments, a small side-business, some online work or a blog.
- Everyone has some or the other talent but we are so engrossed in our daily grind that we fail to pay attention to it. Adversity brings our hidden potential on the surface. Incidentally it was after quitting my job that I discovered my love for writing and sketching.
- Do what you love. Follow your passion. You may earn less but you will be happy and that’s the most important thing.
- Don’t wait for adversity to strike to take risk. Growth is possible only when you take calculated risks. Dare to dream and take a risk to chase your dreams. You won’t regret it!
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved