Yesterday I inadvertently got dragged in a discussion on facebook by posting a comment on a picture containing derogatory remarks for Hindi speaking people. It was posted by a South Indian friend of mine. The discussion took an ugly turn with remarks like ‘insensitive North Indians’ hurled at me which were quite unexpected and shocking. This North India- South India divide and the opposition of Hindi in South is totally beyond me. To cut the long story short, my entire day and even today was ruined with constant provoking comments even when I left the discussion and stopped replying to any of the remarks. I should have done it right away when the comments from the other side started getting rude and personal. Tolerance is a virtue but not always.
Life is beautiful but too short. It’s too short to be wasted on petty and trivial things. Many times we tolerate toxic people or things which add nothing but stress to our life but little do we realize that in doing so, we are wasting so many precious moments of our life in dealing with negative emotions.
Life is too short to tolerate:
• Toxic People: Some people don’t add any value in your life but only add stress to it. They are the people who are full of negativity and pessimism. Negativity is infectious and such people can only bring others down with their negativity.
• Hypocrites: I just can’t stand hypocrites. People who are double-faced can never be trusted. I would never want someone in my life whom I don’t trust.
• Liars: You don’t need to be with someone if he/she can’t be honest with you.
• Gossip mongers: Stay away from the gossip mongers who derive pleasure by talking about people behind their back. Indulging in gossip is simply a waste of time and drains positivity out of you.
• Self-condemnation: Our thoughts are more powerful than we think. We are what we think. So never indulge in self-condemnation. Be aware and check yourself whenever you criticize or condemn yourself.
• A work environment or career field you hate: Never be stuck in a job you hate. You can never be happy if you do this. Change is scary but inevitable. Be courageous and get out of the job where you feel suffocated.
• Infidelity: Relationships should be based on mutual trust and love. If your spouse cheats on you, he/she is shaking the very foundations of the relationship.
• Fear of change: You can’t grow in life if you are afraid of change. Life is changing every moment. Go with the flow. Learn to accept and embrace the change.
• A mounting pile of debt: Debt is something that causes too much stress. Don’t allow debt to pile up in your life. Manage your finances judiciously.
• People or beauty ads that make you feel inadequate: You are unique. You are perfect the way you are. You don’t need others to validate you.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved