I quit my job last year after spending very frustrating and stressful few months at my workplace. I will not delve into the details as this blog is a reflection of my learnings rather than a place to vent out my frustrations.
Things don’t always go the way we want. People don’t always behave with us the way we deserve or the way we would have wanted them to. Sometimes we are simply stuck in a frustrating situation without any fault of ours. So what can we do about it?
People and situations are beyond our control. The only thing we can do is to accept it and go with the flow. Acceptance is the key.
This is easier said than done, believe me!
Here’s how I’m trying to cultivate acceptance:
• I constantly remind myself that ‘This shall also pass!’
• I try to see the good in people and situations rather than focusing on the negative.
• I write down my responses to such people and situations in my journal. This helps me in reflecting on how I could improve my own reactions.
• I am reading ‘Bhagwad Gita As It Is’ on a daily basis.
• I meditate everyday and focus on living in the present moment.
• I am trying to break the habit of complaining and instead I talk about the good things that happen each day.
• I chant the Mahamantra daily ‘Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare; Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare’.
• I have an absolute faith in Krishna and I know that He will take care of me.
I won’t say that I have perfected the art of acceptance. I still get frustrated at times, I lose hope, I cry but then with awareness, I am ready to move ahead with a smile. And when I do this, I am less frustrated, I am happy and life seems good again!
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved