I have often written about the benefits of meditation. Meditation is the best habit one can cultivate because of its numerous benefits which have already been scientifically proved. You can meditate on your own but sometimes it becomes a little too much to do. So it’s better to start meditating at a center where you are in the company of others so that you stay motivated to continue.
Meditation is a very effective tool for stress reduction and having peace of mind. Practicing meditation on a regular basis improves the quality of life by making you happier and joyful. Regular meditation practice will help you in attaining a blissful state where you are aware but thoughtless. Meditation gradually brings you to a state of profound, deep peace because of a calm and silent mind. It paves the path to inner transformation with a heightened level of awareness. If you want to learn meditation then you should consider joining meditation programs so that you can get started quickly and easily. Here is a list of some meditation centers in Chandigarh:
- Art of Living: Art of Living Foundation conducts happiness programs where Sudarshan Kriya and meditation is taught. They also organize the Advance course (Art of Silence) and Sehaj Smadhi Meditation (Art of Meditation) from time to time. Sehaj Smadhi is a very powerful and effortless technique of meditation which allows the conscious mind to experience bliss by realizing the depths of its own nature. This is three days course with two hours session daily and the details of the same can be found at the official website of Art of Living
- Isha Yoga Centre: Isha Yoga Centre offers various courses which are a synthesis of holistic sciences. During the courses, the participants are taught to establish an inner foundation by finding the required balance between the daily challenges and inner peace. Isha Yoga’s website has the details of the upcoming courses.
- Osho Naman Meditation Centre: Osho Naman Meditation Centre situated at House No. 3596, Sector 37-C in Chandigarh is being run by Ma Yog Shukla, an Osho sanyasin. Regular meditation sessions are organized in the centre. Dynamic meditation is conducted during the morning session and kundalini meditation during the evening session.
- Ramakrishan Mission: The local branch of Ramakrishan Ashram is situated at Sector 15-B, Chandigarh. The ashram shrine remains open from 5 am to 12 noon and from 4 pm to 9 pm in the evening. Simple meditation on God can be done at the ashram without any pre-requisite.
- International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON): ISKCON preaches the simple Hare Krishna mahamantra for inner peace and happiness. Chant and be happy. Here the emphasis is on chanting and japa meditation. ISKCON temple situated at Sector 36-B is open for all to come, have darshan of Sri Sri Radha Madhav and chant in the serene & peaceful temple premises. The senior devotees in the temple are there for guidance. The temple also conducts spiritual discourses everyday and offers various courses on self-discovery and bhakti.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved