Time flows like a river and we cannot hold off its effects for very long. Since time will eventually consume us, it’s important that we identify and cherish the moments that define us.
Life is short; if you don’t stop and look around once in a while – you could miss it. Beauty is in every moment and in every day’s activities. Living in the present and enjoying every moment is a conscious act resulting in a richer, fuller life.
Reflecting on the months that have passed by in 2017, I listed the good moments which made life beautiful for me:
- Getting a desired job in a reputed media organization.
- Starting this blog.
- Attending Sunday programs at Iskcon temple.
- Chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra early in the morning.
- Attending satsang by Rishi Nityapragya.
- Guided meditations in my Guruji’s voice.
- Watching movies with my son at home along with homemade popcorn and iced tea.
- Evening walks with my father
- Random acts of kindness.
- Getting a new set of oracle cards based on Bhagvad Gita.
- Quitting the habit of coffee.
- Going to the Iskcon temple daily and having darshan of Sri Sri Radha Madhav.
- Discovering minimalism and the positive impact it’s making on my life.
- Reading ‘Bhagvad Gita As It Is’.
- Discovering the joy of sketching and watercolor painting.
We all have our share of huge, exciting, life-changing moments, but you know what? There are a lot of teeny tiny everyday things that make life worth living. There are moments in life when happiness got at a fraction of time last throughout your life. These are reminders to value and cherish each day with our loved ones. Life is precious and so are those we share it with.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved