Ups and downs in life are inevitable. A wise person is the one who accepts both the ups and downs as part and parcel of life. He doesn’t get rattled when faced with challenges. He has certain rules in life which he doesn’t compromise with no matter what the situation.
I have faced a lot of chaos in my life but I take pride in bouncing back after hitting the rock bottom. I read a lot and it’s the little nuggets of wisdom contained in the different books that have profoundly influenced the way I think and live. All it takes is a single idea in a small paragraph to revolutionize the way the direction of your life takes.
So—to inspire you & myself (I desperately need some motivation!), I wanted to share 10 rules that govern my life:
- Give more than you take. I believe in the Law of Karma. You get what you give. So give more love, be more compassionate, give more blessings, be more generous and kind. Remember what goes around comes around.
- Become the most passionate person you know. Be passionate about your dreams, your work and your life. It’ll be contagious.
- Stop being a victim. It’s very easy to fall prey to victim consciousness. Your life is made by you. No one else is responsible. To make it better, make better choices. Take responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- You can lead without a title. Be excellent in whatever you do and give your best. You don’t need a position to display your leadership qualities.
- Be “Exceedingly Polite”. In our world where being arrogant is considered as being cool, this alone will make you a standout.
- Be sincere in your approach. Sincerity is a rare virtue nowadays. Be sincere in your approach towards your work, your relationships, and your life.
- Spend time in solitude every day. Take some time alone to think and reflect. Your best ideas are found in solitude.
- Buy a smaller TV and build a larger library. Read every single day. An investment in books never goes waste.
- Don’t ask for respect. Earn it. Respect is not asked for but rather earned.
- Protect your good name. It’s your best asset. Reputation once lost, is hard to earn.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved