Make a pledge to yourself right now, to declare that you are worth your time and energy. ~ Deborah Day
What do you want? More energy? More mind power? More passion and excitement in your life? Instant stress management? Greater motivation? Increased efficiency?
The realization that our life is not as we would want it to be, can either cause us great anguish or act as the catalyst that will cause us to take action for making meaningful changes in our life.
Awesome people deserve awesome lives. You can change your life anytime you want. Isn’t it time to step into a future of your own choosing and to create the life you want to live?
Here are 30 things you can do in less than 30 minutes that will bring a positive change in your life. You can also do these things in increments. Remember that a little step each day makes a big difference.
- Write a thank you note for someone who wouldn’t expect it from you. Brighten up someone’s day.
- Reach out- Send an email to a friend you haven’t seen for a while or reach out to someone new.
- Create a serene environment- A serene environment contributes to inner peace. Spend some time clearing a closet, organising bills or cleaning the kitchen counters. A little decluttering everyday can make a sizable dent.
- Random acts of kindness- Do a good deed every day. Kindness always pays.
- Learn something new- Think of a subject you wish you knew more about and spend some time on internet reading about it.
- Exercise- Get your body moving. Do push ups, do yoga or aerobics, dance, run on treadmill or play some sports.
- Meditate- In Sri Sri Ravishankar’s words “Meditation is the comfort in life.”
- Play with your kids- There is a lot you can learn from a child.
- Find some healthy recipes- Find 1-2 easy ones to start with and go buy the ingredients. Try the recipe today.
- Practice gratitude- Be grateful for the amazing gifts life has bestowed upon you. Write in a gratitude journal everyday or use random gratitude app.
- Have deep and meaningful conversations with your loved ones.
- Spend time with nature- It is a great way to reduce stress and disconnect from everyday worries.
- Volunteer your services with a homeless shelter, soup kitchen or other charity organisations.
- Make a to-do list of all the tasks you need to do and prioritize. Choose your three most important tasks (MITs) for the day.
- Automate your savings and payments.
- Take a power nap. But do it in a chair and keep it short (5-10 min).Any longer and it will keep you down for the rest of the day.
- Listen to music- Our brain’s pleasure centres light up when we hear music. Putting on headphones and taking a musical break will give you a productivity boost.
- Have a blast! Have fun each day, even if it’s just for few minutes. Play board games, sing aloud with friends or crack jokes. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to laugh.
- Get creative- Write or draw or knit or design a dress. It’s a great way to destress.
- Disconnect- Switch off your phone and log off the internet for at least half an hour every day. Use this time to be with yourself or focus on a task without distractions.
- Watch an inspirational video on YouTube.
- Smile and be friendly- A simple smile and friendly behaviour can make someone’s day a little brighter.
- Read- Read some interesting and informative blog online or carry a novel wherever you go and read whenever you get time.
- Say a prayer- Ask God to help & guide you and believe that He does.
- Test yourself- See how many slogans and mottos you can think up with ‘just three words.’
- Be quick to praise- Compliment someone or show your appreciation for someone’s efforts. Give sincere praise every chance you get.
- Add colour to your life- Make your language more colourful by learning three new adjectives each day with the help of a dictionary. Make the effort to be precise in your language.
- Spread light around- Tell your friends about the good books you have read or the new things you have learnt. Persuade others to read more, discuss more and increase their knowledge.
- Jot it down- Keep a short diary of the day’s events, achievements and challenges. Jot down ideas, quips and quotes.
- Keep exploring- Variety is the spice of life. Keep exploring and challenging yourself by taking educational online quizzes or solving crosswords or playing Sudoku.
Anything else you would like to add to the list? Please share your ideas in the comments section below.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved