Meditation is the best antidote for stress. Our lives have become so stressful nowadays that it’s a must to take some time out to meditate and rejuvenate. Even though people are aware of the benefits of meditation but they don’t meditate for various reasons. They say:
- They have a hectic schedule.
- They travel a lot.
- Their houses are always bustling with activity and noise.
- They have an irregular routine and so meditation is difficult to fit in.
- They don’t have the time.
And so on. There can be numerous excuses but just one reason is enough to make meditation a daily habit: Meditation is awesome!
Here are a few tips for the busy people to develop a regular meditation practice for a calm and relaxed mind:
- Try to get up half an hour earlier than the rest of your family members and meditate. This way you can meditate during the serene and calm atmosphere in the early morning without getting disturbed by your family.
- You can meditate just for ten minutes anytime throughout the day if your days are too busy. Meditation is all the more important to boost your productivity and bring a sense of calm if you have a hectic schedule.
- If you travel often then you can meditate during the travel also- in the plane, in the train or in the hotel room. Just close your eyes, relax, take deep long breaths and focus on your breathing.
- You can download some guided meditation app on your mobile phone. I use the ‘Sattva’ app which has relaxing music for meditation as well as some guided meditations. Or else you can upload some guided meditations on your ipod or mobile phone. There are plenty of guided meditations available online. All you have to do is just plug in the earphones whenever you have time during the day, switch on the guided meditation and meditate!
- Consider meditation as a priority. Don’t think of it as a chore to get over with but as an important practice which will help in improving your focus and concentration, reducing your stress levels and having a peaceful mind.
- Take a 21 days meditation challenge. When you do something in a row for 21 days, more or less a habit is formed.
Meditation is a form of self-care. Show yourself some love by committing to meditate daily!
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved