Stress is a by-product of the modern lifestyle. Stress leads to various ailments like depression, anxiety, obesity, headaches, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems. Stress has become deeply ingrained in our life and there seems to be no escape from it. We cannot avoid stress but we can definitely minimize it by changing our lifestyle which can lead to a calmer, peaceful mind. Here are a few tips to create more calm in your life:
- Be punctual. Leave home for work or a meeting a little ahead of time so that you don’t have to rush and there is no stress over getting late.
- Be organized. Being organized makes you more efficient and productive at work and also leads to a calmer mind.
- Declutter your house. An organized and decluttered house is pleasing to eyes. Your home is your sanctuary. Make it aesthetic looking and peaceful by regular decluttering.
- Meditation is the best antidote for stress. It is the most powerful tool for a calmer mind. You can use guided meditations or you can just sit with closed eyes and focus on your breathing. Meditating for just a few minutes every day works wonders for your peace of mind.
- Write in a journal every day. Writing in a journal is cathartic. Writing your thoughts in the journal helps in releasing unwanted or suppressed emotions, thus getting rid of unwanted stress and bringing peace of mind.
- Listen to mantras or soothing music. Mantras are very potent. Listening to mantras makes you feel peaceful and also brings positive vibrations in the environment. Alternatively, you can also listen to soothing music to relax.
- Prayers develop an unshakable faith that God is with you all the time. Having faith in the divine brings a sense of calm in you.
- Do random acts of kindness. When you help others, you feel happy and joy. There is no better way of being happy than bringing happiness to others. Do whatever little acts of kindness you can do on a daily basis and you will feel the difference in you!
© 2018 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved