I have been practicing meditation for many years now. It was in May 2008 when I did meditation for the first time. I still remember how peaceful I felt after I did guided meditation in my spiritual master’s voice for the first time. That blissful experience changed my whole life. I did numerous meditation courses after that and meditation became a habit for me. I am an Art of Living teacher and teach meditation through our happiness programs.
Meditation has proved to be immensely beneficial for me. I stress a lot over unnecessary things. Meditations help me reclaim my peace of mind. It keeps me calm and stress free. This is the reason I recommend it to everyone because I have experienced the benefits for myself. Meditating regularly also helps in stress-related health disorders.
There are various forms of meditation. You can practice any of them. Since a few years, I have been practicing mantra meditation or japa meditation. It is a kind of focused meditation where you bring your attention to a mantra.
How to do mantra meditation?
- Sit cross-legged on the floor. Close your eyes.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Take a deep breath in and let go.
- Take another deep breath in and exhale.
- Silently chant the mantra in your mind. Keep repeating the mantra silently in your mind bringing your attention to the mantra.
- Repeated chanting of the mantra brings vibrations that influence the deeper levels of your consciousness.
- When you feel complete and at bliss, stop chanting the mantra and take your attention to the vibrations in your body.
- Take a deep breath in again and let go.
- Slowly and gradually, you may open your eyes.
You can choose any mantra like Om or Om namah shivaya. I do Sehaj Samadhi Meditation and use the secret mantra for meditation which was given to me during initiation. Apart from that, I chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra daily which is a very powerful mantra and the repeated chanting of the mantra fills the person with peace and bliss.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Mantra meditation helps the mind to settle down and helps in letting go the stress & anxieties. It brings our mind back to the present moment. It’s only in the present moment where our happiness lies. Experience the beauty of the present moment through mantra meditation. Try it for yourself and experience the bliss!
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved