“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
Dogs have been my best friends since childhood. We brought home a cute, little white Pomeranian puppy when I was about 12-13 years old. He stayed with us for sixteen long years. I have had many dogs since and each one of them has been an integral part of my family. I have now a seven years old pug named Doodle who is the laziest dog I ever had (but very loving too!). Dogs are the best friends we can have- selfless, affectionate and loyal.
There is so much to learn from our adorable furry friends:
- Enjoy the simple pleasure of a walk.Have you noticed how much our dogs look forward to their walks and how excited they are at the prospect of going out for a walk? Can’t we be as enthusiastic about our daily walks? Enjoy your daily walks. Appreciate and marvel at the beauty of nature during your walk.
- Run and play daily.Life doesn’t have to be serious all the time. A little fun and exercise will do us so much good.
- Be loyal, faithful and quick to forgive. The most important thing we can learn from the dogs is to be loyal. Their unconditional love and loyalty is unparalleled. At the same time, they don’t hold any grudges and are quick to forgive even when we scold them.
- Love unconditionally. Dogs love you with all their heart and don’t expect anything in return. Learn the art of unconditional and selfless love from your dog.
- Sometimes it is best to sit close and listen.You don’t always have to say something to make other feel better. Sometimes your mere presence is enough.
- Follow your instincts. Our instincts are often our best guide.
- Keep digging until you find what you want. Be persistent and stubborn in your efforts to realize your dreams. Persistence is the key.
- Accept all of life’s treats with gratitude.Be grateful for life’s blessings. Gratitude is the key to happiness.
© 2017 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved